Yvonne Johnston–Counsellor/Psychotherapist MBACP(Accred) & Supervisor
That we are born as ok human beings and through family, friends and social relationships we adapt our opinions and attitudes in order to relate to people. This natural process can become unhealthy if we over adapt to suit others and can effect the way we value ourselves.
Since 1995 I have completed: -
- Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy and abide by their code of ethics and practice.
- I currently have a private practice offering client work and supervision
- Counselling lecturer at local colleges for 7 years.
- I receive regular supervision as required by the BACP guidelines.
- Relate - Couple Counselling (1999 to 2002)
- Organised and delivered the Triple P Programme for individual and group parenting work. This offers support to build and improve parenting skills. (October 2004 to July 2009)
- I worked in the drug and alcohol field for just over two years.
• Level 6 Diploma in Theraputic Counselling Supervision (TCSU - L6)
• Counselling Degree BA (Hons)
• Family & Systemic Therapy Certificate
• Triple P (Primary, Group & TEEN - Positive Parenting Programme)
• Relate Couple Counselling Certificate
• Advanced Diploma in Counselling (Integrative)
• AEB Certificate of Counselling Theory
• The RSA Counselling Skills in the development of learning